- High Potency Vitamins and minerals
- 75 Ingredients in 4 performance blends
- 1 gram of free form amino acids
- 25 essential vitamins and minerals
Who Are They For?
If you are serious about bodybuilding you will already know the vital roles vitamins and minerals play in our diets. Optimum Nutrition the maker of Opti Men are not some dodgy homemade supplement company like you see all over the web at the moment.
Optimum Nutrition was founded in 1986, it’s a very well trusted supplement brand that offers high-quality protein powders and supplements across the world.
You shouldn’t have to worry about any quality issues when taking Opti – Men, in 2013 Opti – Men won best multivitamin from the guys over at BodyBuilding.com Opti-Men multivitamins offer a rich blend of vitamins, minerals, essential amino acids, antioxidants and the botanical extract. This will help you to keep a healthy balance in your diet.
Opti – Men Recommended Dosage
Serving size: 3 per day Container size: 90, 150, 240 Remembering to take a multivitamin 3 times a day might be off-putting for some, I know it made me think twice, but there is a method behind this, it allows you to maximise the multivitamins ingredient uptake.
Taking a smaller dose 3 times a day at breakfast, lunch and dinner, allows your body to fully digest and absorb each tablet. I’m sure you want to see some of the awesome ingredients in the bodybuilding multivitamin, so let’s take a look!
- Free Form Amino Acid Blend 1 g: Contains 8 types of amino acids, Arginine and Glutamine includes BCAA’s
- Viri-Blend, 50mg: Another excellent blend of 8 concentrates deriving from both the marine and botanical life
- Phyto-Blend: A concentrate made of over 20 fruits and vegetables.
- Enzy-Blend: Made of 4 different digestive enzymes. The specific names were not mentioned.
Amount: 10.000 IU 200 %, that’s great for bodybuilders, people forget how good vitamin A is for muscles, Vitamin A plays a vital role in the repair and growth of body tissues (muscles).
High-intensity training can hinder the absorption of vitamin A, depleting the already low state bodybuilders may have because of their low-fat diets. Vitamin A also helps regulate your immune system and contributes to bone and teeth health.
- Increases muscle protein synthesis.
- Reduces body fat and raises testosterone levels, studies have shown up to a 20% increase in testosterone in men after taking vitamin D supplements.
- Will help increase your strength, coupled with a strength training routine, studies have shown an increase in explosive power.
- Helps the body absorb calcium and phosphorus. Calcium helps muscle contraction and phosphorus is needed for the synthesis of ATP.
The multivitamin weighs in with 1,667% a 100mcg, that’s one powerful punch of vitamin B12. Again many bodybuilders will argue the b vitamins are most important because one of their main objectives is to maintain the proper functioning of the nervous system that carries impulses to the muscles from the brain.
Another important function of vitamin B12 is it assists metabolizing protein and fat. This is very important to you the bodybuilder as you need the amino acids from the protein metabolism to repair and build your muscles and the fat to be converted to energy.
Selenium (as Selenomethionine) If you don’t get enough of this vital trace mineral, our thyroid function can be affected. Our thyroid regulates bodily functions including muscle strength and growth, luckily this multivitamin gives you 200mcg nearly 3x RDA (as Selenomethionine)
- Vitamin E (as D-Alpha Tocopherol Succinate) 200 IU – 667%
- Vitamin K (as Phytonadione) 75mcg – 94%
- Thiamin (as Thiamin Hydrochloride) 75mg – 5000%
- Riboflavin – 75mg – 4412%
- Niacin (as Niacinamide) 75mg – 375%
- Folic Acid – 600mcg – 150%
- Biotin – 300mcg – 100%
- Pantothenic Acid (as D-Calcium Pantothenate) 75mg – 750%
- Calcium (as dicalcium phosphate dihydrate) 50 mg – 5%
- Iodine (as Potassium iodide) 150mcg – 100%
- Magnesium (as Magnesium oxide, asperate) 80mg 20%
- Zinc (as Zinc oxide) 15mg – 100%
- Copper (as Copper sulphate) 2mg – 100%
- Manganese (as Manganese Sulphate) 2mg – 100 %
- Chromium (as Chromium GTF) 120mcg – 100%
- Molybdenum (as Molybdenum A.A chelate) 80mcg 107%
Pros & Cons
The worst of the side effects I have heard of include insomnia, this is probably due to the increased energy levels, I’d recommend maybe leaving out the evening tablet if you have trouble sleeping after taking the multivitamin.
Some reports of constipation…Try and eat more fibre and drink plenty of water! If your pee looks a different colour yellow this is normally the flavourings and should be nothing to worry about. As with any dietary supplement if you have any ongoing health issues consult with your doctor first before using.